Monday, September 08, 2008

What's your take...

Hi to the 4 of you! Hope things are good with you all. Kerry and I are still on honeymoon in Jamaica. It's such a lovely place. In the resort we have been treated like royalty. The weather has generally been brilliant; it's always warm but we have had some rain and today some pretty strong winds. I guess that's what happens when there are hurricanes about. However, the predicted path for Ike shows that we should be safe enough. Married life is amazing so far and we are just enjoying as much time together, as possible, before we head back to the "real world" and all that it entails. Kerry is having a lie down to try and get rid of a splitting headache so I have vacated the room to give her a bit of space and to remove the noise. If I'm being honest I needed to clear my heady anyway, reading The Shack takes its toll on a person.

Just thought I would ask you all a quick question. Who do you think this lady is?

5 comments:

Gary said...

I hear the new ESV study bible will be able to answer the question of who the lady is in John 2 !!! :)
Hi Simon, congratulations from us here in Germany. I saw you two weeks before the wedding but totally forgot to ask you anything about it (sorry!)I'm looking forward to getting the fighter verses explanation. Anyway, enjoy yourselves on the rest of your honeymoon.
Gary & family

supersimbo said...

its not the large black lady in the Shack thats for sure!

congratulations by the way, and hope the honeymoon is awesome

simont said...

I would tend to agree with you there Ally! You read the book?

Gary- so is your current view that it is an actual woman? I know that this detail does not alter the message of the letter, it is interesting to me though. I have your address in work, I will post the info on fighter verses when I'm back.

supersimbo said...

Yea i have had a very solid hate/hate relationship with it for ages now!! I picked it up again last night after seeing your post and despite having flu and feeling terrible i still had enough of my senses to get angry with it yet again. Iv read it one & a half times :)

simont said...

You are a braver man than I am. I read it once, and it was enough. Though I did read thoroughly. I was enjoying it, as I never read fiction, but then it had to be ruined by the "conversations" with God. Some reasonable material, some horrendous material! How have sales of it been going with you's?