Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Steve who...?

To most people, the name Steve Lawson means very little. If we were to ask those of our friends who read alot and listen to alot of sermons, even to them, he is relatively unheard of. I want to publicly say that this is an absolute shame! I have been greatly blessed by the ministry of Steve Lawson. He is one of the most active voices heralding for a return to expository preaching in our pulpits today. Expository wha?- a clear presentation and proclamation of God's Truth, letting the Bible speak for itself! But, not only is he active in heralding for this return, he is also active in this ministry himself. He reads the Word, then explains the Word. He is a man who is absolutely convinced of the authority and power of God's Word, and a man who is set on fire by it! Absolutely awesome stuff!

Why the post? His website has been overhauled and is now online again. This is good news because there are loads of free sermons and articles for us to benefit from. Let me be clear, my promotion of this man is not my Corinthian way of saying ""I follow Paul," or "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Cephas," or "I follow Christ."" (1 Cor 1v12), it is me saying that God has revealed Himself to this man and he has one heck of a burden to proclaim Him. The messages will truly be of benefit, not just because it's Steve Lawson, but solely because he unashamedly preaches the truth and the messages are God-glorifying and Christ-centred, leading us again to where we need to be, at the cross! Enjoy New Reformation Ministries!

No comments: